From: "r7raul1...@163.com<mailto:r7raul1...@163.com>"
<r7raul1...@163.com<mailto:r7raul1...@163.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 18:51
To: user <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Re: sql mapjoin very slow

I use MR.
My mapjoin config as showed in follow picture:
[cid:_Foxmail.1@7f3eed6a-4406-fa48-f0a1-ec347b3ed46e]
[cid:_Foxmail.1@b40e2cf8-de17-015c-7e26-f2a86647137d]

r7raul1...@163.com<mailto:r7raul1...@163.com>

From: Sergey Shelukhin<mailto:ser...@hortonworks.com>
Date: 2015-08-28 09:21
To: user<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: sql mapjoin very slow
Are you using MR and Tez? You could try optimized hash table in case of Tez,
although it’s supposed to improve memory, not necessarily perf.

Can you also share characteristics of the query and data? It is surprising to
see so much time for HashMap.get.