Hi,

I have been trying out the Hive Accumulo Manager as described here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AccumuloIntegration
and it seems to work as advertised. Thanks.

However I don't seem to be able to get any sensible results when I have a Hive
column of type ARRAY<> like ARRAY<INT> or ARRAY<STRING>.
Are Hive columns of ARRAY<> types not supported? If so then how are they stored
in Accumulo?

Also, although I can get a Hive MAP<STRING,X> to work by using the approach
where the map key is mapped to the column qualifier
("Using an asterisk in the column mapping string") I don't seem to be able to
get a Hive MAP stored successfully in any other way.
Is this the only supported way to store Hive MAPs?

I know that I could customise the storage manager to achieve what I want but,
in the short-term at least, I would like
To know what I can achieve with the Hive Accumulo Storage Manager as is.

Regards,

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message should
be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only
become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory. The
contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the
control of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Limited, details of which can be
found at http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm.