From: Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:22 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: truncating tables via hcatalog api?

That's correct, HCatClient doesn't provide that feature at this time.  It would
be easy enough to add if you want to provide a patch for it.

Alan.

[X]
Nathan Bamford<mailto:nathan.bamf...@redpoint.net>
October 6, 2015 at 12:14

Hello all,

  The product I work on using the HCatalog api (particularly HCatClient) to
interact with Hive. It provides virtually everything we need, with the
exception of the ability to truncate a table. I'm able to do it via the CLI by
simply issuing the "TRUNCATE TABLE" command, but HCatalog provides nothing.

  Do I have this right? Will I need to create a jdbc connection to issue a
truncate statement?

Thanks,

Nathan Bamford