Thanks yes I did that and the blighter was still failing. I am going to dig
around if I see anything I will let you know.

From: Mich Talebzadeh [mailto:m...@peridale.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:37 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: RE: Problem with Hive metastore

Hi Gary,

Do the following at OS level

/bin/netstat -alnp|egrep 'Local|9083'

Do you see  any connection. If so then it is already running like below:

netstat -alnp|egrep 'Local|9083'

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address
State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9083                0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      20598/java
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:21693             127.0.0.1:9083
ESTABLISHED 20800/java
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:9083              127.0.0.1:21693
ESTABLISHED 20598/java

If you see it is running just do

kill -9 20598

To get rid of it and start it again.

HTH

Mich Talebzadeh

Sybase ASE 15 Gold Medal Award 2008
A Winning Strategy: Running the most Critical Financial Data on ASE 15
http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf
Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15",
ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.
co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN
978-0-9759693-0-4
Publications due shortly:
Complex Event Processing in Heterogeneous Environments, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-3-8
Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one
out shortly

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com<http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this message
shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any
responsibility.