Where are you running beeline client?

>From another host or on the same host where hive is installed?

Mich Talebzadeh

Sybase ASE 15 Gold Medal Award 2008

A Winning Strategy: Running the most Critical Financial Data on ASE 15

http://login.sybase.com/files/Product_Overviews/ASE-Winning-Strategy-091908.pdf

Author of the books "A Practitioner’s Guide to Upgrading to Sybase ASE 15",
ISBN 978-0-9563693-0-7.

co-author "Sybase Transact SQL Guidelines Best Practices", ISBN
978-0-9759693-0-4

Publications due shortly:

Complex Event Processing in Heterogeneous Environments, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-3-8

Oracle and Sybase, Concepts and Contrasts, ISBN: 978-0-9563693-1-4, volume one
out shortly

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com <http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com/>

NOTE: The information in this email is proprietary and confidential. This
message is for the designated recipient only, if you are not the intended
recipient, you should destroy it immediately. Any information in this message
shall not be understood as given or endorsed by Peridale Technology Ltd, its
subsidiaries or their employees, unless expressly so stated. It is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is virus free,
therefore neither Peridale Ltd, its subsidiaries nor their employees accept any
responsibility.