I think you should draw more the attention that Hive is just one component in
the ecosystem. You can have many more components, such as ELT, integrating
unstructured data, machine learning, streaming data etc. however usually
analysts are not aware about the technologies and it staff is not much aware of
how it can bring benefits to a specific business domain. You could explore the
potentials together in workshops, design thinking etc. once you know more
details, both sides decide on potential ways forward you can start doing PoCs
and see what works and what not. It is important that you break old ties
created by more traditional data warehouse approaches in the past and go beyond
the comfort zone.