Thansk for your reply!

according to you because of its natural property of ORC, it cannot be
splited by the default chunk.
Because it is not composed of lines like csv.

Until you run out of capacity, a distributed system *has* to show sub-linear
scaling -
and will show flat scaling upto a particular point because of Amdahl's law.

This sentence is a bit confusing. so time of reading CSV file on Spark is
linearnly increasing as the data increase.
because it employes the full cluster, which means it runs out of capacity?

On the other hand, the reason why time of reading ORC format shows flat
scaling.
because it is not over the capacity yet?

but you know loading csv file is not much big as I guess.

Could you correct me?
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Phil