Hi,

I noticed this one in Hive2.

insert into sales3 select * from smallsales;
FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10297]: Attempt to do update or delete on
table sales3 that does not use an AcidOutputFormat or is not bucketed

Is this something new in Hive 2 as I don't recall having this issue before?

Table sales3 has been created as follows:

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+--+
|                           createtab_stmt                            |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+--+
| CREATE TABLE `sales3`(                                              |
|   `prod_id` bigint,                                                 |
|   `cust_id` bigint,                                                 |
|   `time_id` timestamp,                                              |
|   `channel_id` bigint,                                              |
|   `promo_id` bigint,                                                |
|   `quantity_sold` decimal(10,0),                                    |
|   `amount_sold` decimal(10,0))                                      |
| ROW FORMAT SERDE                                                    |
|   'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcSerde'                       |
| STORED AS INPUTFORMAT                                               |
|   'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcInputFormat'                 |
| OUTPUTFORMAT                                                        |
|   'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcOutputFormat'                |
| LOCATION                                                            |
|   'hdfs://rhes564:9000/user/hive/warehouse/oraclehadoop.db/sales3'  |
| TBLPROPERTIES (                                                     |
|   'orc.compress'='SNAPPY',                                          |
|   'transactional'='true',                                           |
|   'transient_lastDdlTime'='1457396808')                             |

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com