Hi,

The best ODBC drivers that I found to work with Hive 2 is Progress Data
Direct driver for Hive (ODBC 3 compliant)..

I tried Cloudera one very shaky (although I tried that on Hive 1.2.1).
Tried Microsoft ones but it hangs. Just to be clear I am using 64-bit
drivers.

This is not direct data fetch from Hive tables. I have used Power Designer
to create a Physical Mo from Hive schema/database using ODBC3 connection
(Power designer does not have Hive in list of its databases so ODB3  is the
choice).

I then intend to create a logical model from this physical model.

Anyone has better suggestions(s) for Hive ODBC drivers

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com