Hi all,

We are currently running Hive in production and staging with the metastore
connecting to a MySql database in the backend. The traffic in production
accessing the metastore is more than staging which is expected. We have had
a sudden increase in traffic which has led to the metastore operation
taking a lot longer than before. The same query on staging takes a lot less
due to the lesser traffic on the staging cluster.

We tried increasing the heap space for the metastore process as well as
bumped up the memory for the mysql database. Both these changes did not
seem to help much and we still see delays. Is there any other config we can
increase to counter this increased traffic? I am looking at config for max
threads as well but im not sure if this is the right path ahead.

Im wondering if the metastore is a bottleneck here or im missing something.

Looking forward to your reply,
Udit