Hi Adrew,

Sorry for delay in response. currently I'm using Select with Union :-) . I would like to know is there any Built-in Hive UDF available for unpivoting .

On 3/30/2016 2:23 PM, Andrew Sears wrote:

From mytable
Select id, 'mycol' as name, col1 as value
Union
Select id, 'mycol2' as name, col2 as value

Something like this might work for you?

Cheers,
Andrew

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Ryan Harris <ryan.har...@zionsbancorp.com <mailto:ryan.har...@zionsbancorp.com>> wrote:

    collect_list(col) will give you an array with all of the data from
    that column
    However, the scalability of this approach will have limits.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: mahender bigdata [mailto:mahender.bigd...@outlook.com]
    Sent: Monday, March 28, 2016 5:47 PM
    To: user@hive.apache.org
    Subject: Best way of Unpivoting of hiva table data. Any Analytic
    function for unpivoting

    Hi,

    Has any one implemented Unpivoting of Hive external table data. We
    would
    like Convert Columns into Multiple Rows. We have external table,
    which
    holds almost 2 GB of Data. is there best and quicker way of
    Converting
    columns into Row. Any Analytic functions available in Hive to do
    Unpivoting.

    THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE, INCLUDING ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS, IS
    CONFIDENTIAL and may contain information that is privileged and
    exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are neither
    the intended recipient nor responsible for delivering the message
    to the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination,
    distribution, copying or the taking of any action in reliance upon
    the message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.