Please try the following two options.
Option 2 might be better, performance wise (depending of the data volume and
characteristics).

P.s.
I didn’t understand the explanation about the LEFT JOIN

Dudu

1.

select      b.code
           ,b.value

from                    b

            left join   a

            on          a.type      = b.type
                    and a.code      like case b.code       when 'ALL' then '%'
else b.code       end
                    and a.indicator like case b.indicatior when 'ALL' then '%'
else b.indicatior end
;

2.

select      b.code