Hi
Is this what is detailed in the following Jira
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-11160>

Description

Hive will collect table stats when set hive.stats.autogather=true during
the INSERT OVERWRITE command. And then the users need to collect the column
stats themselves using "Analyze" command. In this patch, the column stats
will also be collected automatically. More specifically, INSERT OVERWRITE
will automatically create new column stats. INSERT INTO will automatically
merge new column stats with existing ones.

Ok the issue you are having is when INSERT OVERWRITE operation is involved
in an existing table, then column stats kicks in and that adds to timing
process?

Sounds like it is a  general feature and can be disabled as part of table
struct.

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com