I'm on Hive 1.2

On 5/16/2016 12:02 PM, Matthew McCline wrote:

​

What version of Hive are you on?

*From:* Mahender Sarangam <mahender.bigd...@outlook.com>
*Sent:* Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:29 PM
*To:* user@hive.apache.org
*Subject:* Query Failing while querying on ORC Format
Hi,
We are dumping our data into ORC Partition Bucketed table. We have loaded almost 6 months data and here month is Partition by column. Now we have modified ORC partition bucketed table schema. We have added 2 more columns to the ORC table. Now whenever we are running select statement for older month which has no columns( even though these columns are not part in select clause, (projection column) ), it is throwing exception.

There is JIRA bug for this kind of requirement has already been raised.

Can any one please tell me know alternative workaround for reading old previous columns of ORC partition table.

Thanks