Hi

Out of curiosity, could you share what is the motivation for that?

Thanks

Dudu

From: Mahender Sarangam [mailto:mahender.bigd...@outlook.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:47 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Is there any GROUP_CONCAT Function in Hive

Hi,

We have Hive table with 3 GB of data like 1000000 rows. We are looking for any
functionality in hive, which can perform GROUP_CONCAT Function.

We tried implement Group_Concat function with use Collect_List and Collect_Set.
But we are getting heap space error. Because, For each group key around 100000
rows are present,  now these rows which needs to be concatenate.

Any direct way to concat row data into single string column by GROUP BY.