Hi  Elliot,

Am I correct that you want to put your Hive metastore on Amazon? Is the
metastore (database/schema) is sitting on on MySQL and you want to migrate
your MySQL to cloud now?

Two questions that need to be verified

   1. How big is your current metadata
   2. Do you do a lot of transaction activity using ORC files with
   Insert/Update/Delete that need to communicate with metastore with heartbeat
   etc?

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *