I don't understand what you mean by Hive installing your schema at startup.

If you have created an empty database/schema in postgres (I am not familiar
with it), you can run the relevant script in directory

$HIVE_HOME/scripts/metastore/upgrade/postgres

That will create all the associated tables and views in your schema and you
only need it once and the schema will be populated by hive user that you
have specified the details in hive-site.xml

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com