Actually, there is a legacy feature in Hive that would do exactly what you
need :

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+Select#LanguageManualSelect-REGEXColumnSpecification

Another way would simply to use dynamic partitioning :
INSERT INTO TABLE employee_orc PARTITION *(country, office)* select * from
employee where country='USA' and office='HQ-TX';

The only downside of this method (that I know of), is that Hive will put a
lock on every partitions, even if only one is inserted.

I also know a third solution, but I can't talk about it yet.