Kinit   yourid -k -t your.keytab you...@my-realm.com

# Connect using following JDBC connection string
#
jdbc:hive2://myHost.myOrg.com:10000/default;principal=hive/_h...@my-realm.com;hive.server2.proxy.user=yourid

From: Ricardo Fajardo [mailto:ricardo.faja...@autodesk.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:37 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Pls Help me - Hive Kerberos Issue

Hello,

Please I need your help with the Kerberos authentication with Hive.

I am following this guide:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-4-x/topics/cdh_sg_hiveserver2_security.html#topic_9_1_1

But I am getting this error:

Caused by: org.ietf.jgss.GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism
level: Failed to find any Kerberos tgt)

I have a remote Kerberos server and I can generate a token with kinit for my
user. I created a keytab file with my passwd for my user. Please tell me if it
is ok.

On the another hand when I am debugging the hive code the operative system user
is authenticated but I need authenticate my Kerberos user, can you tell me how
I can achieve that? How can I store my tickets where Hive can load it?? or How
can I verify where Hive is searching the tickets and what Hive is reading??

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,
Ricardo.

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and
subject to important terms and conditions available at
http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this message.