Hi Team,

I am facing issues while configuring hive storage based authorization. I
followed the steps mentioned in https://cwiki.apache.org/
confluence/display/Hive/Storage+Based+Authorization+in+the+Metastore+Server
however still any user can create database in hive (using beeline and cli)
at will though not able to delete other users databases. My hive directory
permission is set to 770 (hive:hadoop).Below are the parameters that I
added to hive-site.xml:

hive.metastore.pre.event.listeners: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.
security.authorization.AuthorizationPreEventListener

hive.security.metastore.authorization.auth.reads: true

hive.security.metastore.authenticator.manager:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.
security.HadoopDefaultMetastoreAuthenticator

hive.security.metastore.authorization.manager: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.
security.authorization.StorageBasedAuthorizationProvider

hive.metastore.execute.setugi: true

hive.server2.enable.doAs:true

hive version: 1.2.1

Hadoop version: 2.7.3

My understanding was only those users having write access to
/user/hive/warehouse should be able to create the database. Please suggest.

I also found one similar question https://stackoverflow.com/
questions/43734947/does-the-storage-based-authorization-
or-sql-standards-based-hive-authorization-w?rq=1 where the default
authorization is not working as expected.

Request you to provide your inputs on the same.

Thanks,

Vijay