Just installed and upgraded to Hive 3 where fun and game started :)

First I had to set below as per this JIRA
<https://www.mail-archive.com/issues@hive.apache.org/msg121026.html> to
make hive server 2 start and stay up

setting hive.metastore.event.db.notification.api.auth to false on
hive-site.xml

Now when I connect via beeline I see this error

*0: jdbc:hive2://rhes75:10099/default> select * from sales limit 10;*
Error: java.io.IOException: java.lang.RuntimeException: ORC split
generation failed with exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileStatus.compareTo(Lorg/apache/hadoop/fs/FileStatus;)I
(state=,code=0)

Table is an ORC table as follows and used to work fine

0: jdbc:hive2://rhes75:10099/default> desc formatted sales;
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
|           col_name            |
data_type                      |
comment                    |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
| # col_name                    |
data_type                                          |
comment                                      |
| prod_id                       |
bigint
|                                              |
| cust_id                       |
bigint
|                                              |
| time_id                       |
timestamp
|                                              |
| channel_id                    |
bigint
|                                              |
| promo_id                      |
bigint
|                                              |
| quantity_sold                 |
decimal(10,0)
|                                              |
| amount_sold                   |
decimal(10,0)
|                                              |
|                               |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
| # Partition Information       |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
| # col_name                    |
data_type                                          |
comment                                      |
| year                          |
int
|                                              |
| month                         |
int
|                                              |
|                               |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
| # Detailed Table Information  |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
| Database:                     |
oraclehadoop                                       |
NULL                                         |
| OwnerType:                    |
USER                                               |
NULL                                         |
| Owner:                        |
hduser                                             |
NULL                                         |
| CreateTime:                   | Wed May 31 16:31:47 BST
2017                       | NULL                                         |
| LastAccessTime:               |
UNKNOWN                                            |
NULL                                         |
| Retention:                    |
0                                                  |
NULL                                         |
| Location:                     |
hdfs://rhes75:9000/user/hive/warehouse/oraclehadoop.db/sales |
NULL                                         |
| Table Type:                   |
MANAGED_TABLE                                      |
NULL                                         |
| Table Parameters:             |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
|                               |
COLUMN_STATS_ACCURATE                              |
{\"BASIC_STATS\":\"true\"}                   |
|                               |
numFiles                                           |
12544                                        |
|                               |
numPartitions                                      |
49                                           |
|                               |
numRows                                            |
917359                                       |
|                               |
orc.bloom.filter.columns                           |
PROD_ID,CUST_ID,TIME_ID,CHANNEL_ID,PROMO_ID  |
|                               |
orc.bloom.filter.fpp                               |
0.05                                         |
|                               |
orc.compress                                       |
SNAPPY                                       |
|                               |
orc.create.index                                   |
true                                         |
|                               |
orc.row.index.stride                               |
10000                                        |
|                               |
orc.stripe.size                                    |
268435456                                    |
|                               |
rawDataSize                                        |
271538264                                    |
|                               |
totalSize                                          |
77602053                                     |
|                               |
transient_lastDdlTime                              |
1496244707                                   |
|                               |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
| # Storage Information         |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
| SerDe Library:                |
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcSerde          |
NULL                                         |
| InputFormat:                  |
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcInputFormat    |
NULL                                         |
| OutputFormat:                 |
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcOutputFormat   |
NULL                                         |
| Compressed:                   |
No                                                 |
NULL                                         |
| Num Buckets:                  |
256                                                |
NULL                                         |
| Bucket Columns:               | [prod_id, cust_id, time_id, channel_id,
promo_id]  | NULL                                         |
| Sort Columns:                 |
[]                                                 |
NULL                                         |
| Storage Desc Params:          |
NULL                                               |
NULL                                         |
serialization.format                               |
1                                            |
48 rows selected (0.561 seconds)

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com