From: Alan Gates
Date: 2018-09-22 07:19
To: user; anci_sun
Subject: Re: Question about OVER clause
This article might be helpful.  It's for SQL Server, but the semantics should
be similar.

https://www.sqlpassion.at/archive/2015/01/22/sql-server-windowing-functions-rows-vs-range/

Alan.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:47 AM 孙志禹 <anci_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dears,
   What is the difference between ROW BETWEEN and RANGE BETWEEN when using a
OVER clause? I found it difficult to get an answer about this for hive.
   Hope there would be a more detailed help article about OVER clause at the
Confluence.
   Thanks!