Hi,

> I was looking at HiveServer2 performance going through Knox in KNOX-1524 and
> found that HTTP mode is significantly slower.

The HTTP mode does re-auth for every row before HIVE-20621 was fixed – Knox
should be doing cookie-auth to prevent ActiveDirectory/LDAP from throttling
this.

I fixed it for the open-source JDBC drivers, but I think the proprietary ODBC
drivers are still broken (the C++ code doesn’t save cookies).

> I also didn't see any information about reducing amount of data over the wire
> with compression.

It’s possible Knox doesn’t generate/forward the Accept-Encoding headers.

Cheers,

Gopal