From: Suresh Kumar Sethuramaswamy <rock...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 13, 2020 at 9:06 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Which version of Hive support : creating Procedure

Hi Raviprasad,

    Though Hive procedural SQL is introduced as part of Hive2.0.0 tracked
against HIVE-11055<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-11055>, This is
an unsupported feature in CDH6(Release
Notes<https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cdh_621_unsupported_features.html#hive_c6_unsupported_features>)

Thanks
Suresh Sethuramaswamy

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 8:23 AM Raviprasad T
<raviprasa...@gmail.com<mailto:raviprasa...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,
  We are using Hive version ( 2.1.1)  & CDH version ( 6.2.1).

Can you please let me know,  Am I able to create Procedure in this version of
Hive (2.1.1).

I try to create the below procedure in Hive. It is throwing error.

hive>  create procedure set_message (IN Name string).........

Error message :   Cannot recognize input near CREATE PROCEDURE.. DDL
statement...
Regards,
RAVI PRASAD. T