Hi Xi,

In case of SHOW FUNCTIONS it is an SQL like regular exception, i.e. '%'
means any number of characters of any kind, and '_' means one character of
any kind.
In case of SHOW DATABASES though currently it is different, '*' means any
number of characters of any kind, like in a glob.

I've created a jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-23243) to
fix that.

Thank you for calling my attention to this issue.
Miklos

--
*Miklós Gergely* | Staff Software Engineer
t. +36 (30) 579-6433 <0000000000>

[image: Cloudera on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/cloudera> [image:
Cloudera on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/cloudera> [image: Cloudera
on LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudera>