Hello Hive users,

We are pleased to announce the 3.1.0 release of BeeJU, a unit testing
framework for the Hive Metastore and HiveServer2. The new features in this
release include:

* Upgrading default Hive version to 2.3.7 so BeeJU can now be used on
versions of Java >= 9. Java 8 is still supported.

* Upgrading default JUnit 5 version to 5.5.2. JUnit 4 is still supported.

* Support for setting arbitrary Hive configuration variables (in addition
to standard "Hive Var" values).

Full details of this and previous releases can be found in the CHANGELOG:

https://github.com/HotelsDotCom/beeju/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Binary artifacts for the release are available in Maven Central:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/hotels/beeju/3.1.0/

We encourage everyone to upgrade to this new version.

Thanks,

Adrian

(on behalf of the BeeJU committers)
--