From: Huang Chiming <nanoh...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 10:32 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: create transactional table issue

Hi guys,

I use hive 3.1.2 connecting to standalone metastore and execute ddl in
beeline/hive-cli failed, the error message is really weird to me… Anyone ever
encounter the same issue?

```

create table test.dllm ( b string )

partitioned by (a int)

clustered by (b) into 2 buckets

stored as orc tblproperties('transactional'='true');

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. MetaException(message:The table must be
stored using an ACID compliant format (such as ORC): test.dllm)
```

Best Wishes,
Chiming HUANG