Hello

Apologies for the silly question.

What you say "MM tables", what does MM stand for?

HIVE_MM_ALLOW_ORIGINALS("hive.mm.allow.originals", false,
        "Whether to allow original files in MM tables. Conversion to MM may be
expensive if\n" +
        "this is set to false, however unless MAPREDUCE-7086 fix is present (hadoop
3.1.1+),\n" +
        "queries that read non-orc *MM tables* with original files will fail. The
default in\n" +
        "Hive 3.0 is false."),

thank you

Gabriel Balan

P.S. And since I'm already showing my ignorance, I've also seen these mentioned:

 * DP tables
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12833236/HIVE-14643.patch>
(dynamic partitions?)
 * SMB table <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-20620> (sort merge
bucket?)

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily
represent those of Oracle Corporation.