You do not need ZooKeeper to use ACID in Hive.  The first thing I would
check is that you have configured your system as described on this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+Transactions.  Also,
make sure you have not set hive.lock.manager to zookeeper.

There are other features in Hive that can optionally use ZK, such as the
discovery service for HiveServer2, you'll want to make sure this isn't
coming from there rather than from the transaction system.

Alan.