Hi community,

I have a long-running IMetaStoreClient that would queries metadata upon user
requests. But the connection would be lost sometimes because of server restarts
or network unstablity, which leads to SocketException when accessing Metastore.

I noticed there’s a #reconnect method, which closes the current thrift
connection and opens a new one. Is that designed for this scenario? Or is there
some best practice to handle the connectivity issue?

In addition, I’m using Hive 1.1.0-CDH5.6.0 and Apache Hive 2.3.0 (in migrating
process).

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Paul Lam