Thanks Owen, Stamatis, Ayush and Alessandro for the feedback.

   - Regarding the javadocs and the automatically build and to deploy
   github-pages discussion in the previous PR thread [1]
   <https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/1410>,

   - Apache Iceberg-docs ([2] <https://iceberg.apache.org/javadoc/latest/>)
      has recently set up a github workflow ([3])

<https://github.com/apache/iceberg-docs/actions/runs/3062679467/jobs/4943928455>
      to publish the javadocs from a given javadocs dir [4]
      <https://github.com/apache/iceberg-docs/tree/main/javadoc> , I think
      we can setup the same workflow for Hive javadocs.
      - As Ayush and Stamatis have mentioned, I think over the past 2
      years, apache infra has added support for github actions and we
can confirm
      that from Apache Iceberg/calcite docs that are currently using it.
      - But I am not sure regarding which branch or directory we will need
      to put the hive javadoc files . This needs more discussion and we can
      follow up on this([5]
      <https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/1410#issuecomment-680111530>) .

   -  I am not aware about the procedure or the approvals we need to move
   from hive-site repo back to the main repository. We will need help with
   this.

   - I was able to setup the github action on the POC repo:
   https://github.com/simhadri-g/hive-site/tree/new-site  .
   - Any changes to this repo/new-site will automatically reflect here once
      the github workflow completes: https://simhadri-g.github.io/hive-site/
      .

      - Considering the feedback, I think we can plan to do in 3 phases,
   for the first cut I would like to update the website in the present setup,
   followed by moving the javadocs to the hive-site repo  and as for the third
   phase , we can work on migrating from hive-site to hive repo.

   - If everyone agrees, can we please go ahead with the first phase?

[1]https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/1410,
[2]https://iceberg.apache.org/javadoc/latest/
[3]
https://github.com/apache/iceberg-docs/actions/runs/3062679467/jobs/4943928455