Hi,

I'll highly discourage you doing this.

I didn't check but probably you won't get any runtime exception if to mark such a value as an index but no magic will happen. Maps should be compared using equals() method implementation and sorted (maps instances) according to compareTo() method.

So my suggestion is to redesign your data model to avoid such use cases.

--
Denis