So if I understand correctly you cannot store queue info in a DB currently
with Ignite V1.5?

We are a software vendor and want to build services that communicate between
each other.  The thing to note, is this is on-prem software and we don't
have anyway to know ahead of time how much nodes we can deploy.  Probably in
most cases we have two - four machines, so spinning up more nodes adding
more memory isn't "usually" a luxury afforded to us.  It is simply out of
our control.

The ability to off load storage in a distributed cluster is what our
customers are requiring more and more (but not all of them).  Also we cannot
loose any messages we distribute work on and it is very likely the whole
cluster can go down either on purpose or not.  Backing up data in a storage
engine (probably for us a RDBMS or NoSQL) is something we just need to have
for our situation.

Hazelcast allows this, but I've been experimenting with Hz but seems like
transacted queues have been never really tested and mostly broken and I
don't get a good feeling about how fast they turn things around when issues
are reported.