Hi Bhargav,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that community
receives email notifications? Follow the instructions here:

bhargav wrote
> I am trying to check the option of ignite, to store data beyond physical
> RAM. I have started a ignite server  in amazon instance (specifications
> 1gb RAM, disk space - 60gb). Through another application started ignite as
> CLIENT Only and started storing data using cache.put(k,v).

Several points to consider:

1. Besides the data, Ignite creates several internal structures which also
require memory. I would give it at least 2-4GB of heap memory just to make
in fully functional.
2. Usually it makes sense to switch to OFFHEAP_TIERED when you data set is
large and goes beyond 8-10GB per node, because large heaps can cause large
GC pauses. For small data sets ONHEAP_TIERED is enough.
3. Most important: Ignite is in-memory system and having all the data in
swap space will most likely slow you down instead of giving performance
benefits. What are you trying to achieve with this configuration?

-Val
-Val