Auto flush / flushing is a characteristic of all streamers, that's why you
won't find it explained explicitly in the docs of specific streamers, but
in the general streamer one.

If I understand correctly, flushing controls when the changes in the
streamer will be sent to the grid (can someone confirm?).

Autoflush is disabled by default, i.e. meaning that you must call flush()
manually on the streamer for the writes to be visible in the cache.

To avoid that, and if your use case permits it, autoflush will flush the
buffered entries periodically.

When in doubt, you can check the unit tests for the component you're
working with.

Cheers,
Raúl.