2. I see your point, but setting joinTimeout looks like a good solution. Does
it work for you?
joinTimeout was working earlier with 5 seconds, for some clients we had to
raise it. but eventually some clients could not connect at all with any
jointimeout. We had to remove joinTimeout and add networkTimeout and that
worked. But reading the API we could not understand why one works and not
the other.

we have not yet tried making the networkTimeout change in production.

is there anyway we can ping the cluster without ignition.start and see if it
is up? then we won't need the joinTimeout.

We will research into memory usage and get back to you. Are there any GC
recommendations for large clusters? 16 nodes - 12 GB each on 4 linux hosts.

Thanks,
Binti