Hi, I’m trying to load tSV file size ~six gigabytes (contains ~90 million
records) into single Apache Ignite node with allocated heap size = 40
gigabytes. For loading used IgniteDataStreamer.  Code and sample (10
records) of data is here:
https://github.com/olegskoblya/traffic-loader.git
Physical machine has 64 GB of RAM, 8 CPU cores (each has 2,25 GHz). Cache
configured for storing data in unlimited off-heap memory
(trafficCacheConf.setMemoryMode(CacheMemoryMode.OFFHEAP_TIERED);
trafficCacheConf.setOffHeapMaxMemory(0);)
After ~18 min physical memory usage increased to 90% and speed of loading
catastrophically slow down (see picture below – GGVisor used in trial/demo
mode with Apache Ignite nodes deployed on single host :) ):
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n4798/physical_memory_loading_near_end.png>

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n4798/loading_process.png>
After manually calling GC – nothing changed (in loading speed and memory
usage). Finally file has been loaded but last ~2 million records being
processed the same time as ~88 previous (of course I can’t run sql query on
loaded data because indexes was turned off for better loading performance).
On tab SQL Viewer in column named “Total Memory” placed value 24,7GB for
used Off Heap memory (I mean it is my ~6GB of data “eat” so many?).
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n4798/off_heap_used.png>
So, it is actually normall that ~6GB of data increases in size four times
after loading into the cache? How being used rest of memory (as 24,7 it is
less then half of 90% used physical memory)? Is it possible to reduce such
memory consuming? And loading 6GB of data to in-memory cache on same machine
in 34 minutes seen as unsatisfactorily.

I will be grateful for any suggestions.