Try to start with some larger number, if default value is too low for you.
On example, set it to 50000, and see if the performance is OK.
If not, increase to 100000 etc.
I can't help you further without knowing your data access patterns.

BTW, for 10G heap it is probably better to use ONHEAP_TIERED, as Val
suggested.
Don't forget to tune GC as described here:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/jvm-and-system-tuning#jvm-tuning-for-clusters-with-on_heap-caches