Hi Dave,

The port is used to connect to a cluster using REST based protocol
implementation.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/rest-api

It’s used by Visor CMD utility
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/command-line-interface

If you don’t expect to use Visor or this feature in general you can ignore this
port leaving it closed. On the other side if you decide to use Visor then you
can always change the port number to some other value this way

IgniteConfiguraiton cfg = ….;

ConnectorConfiguration cCfg = ….;

cCfg.setPort(20000);

cfg.setConnectorConfiguration(cCfg);