Thanks Denis, did not realize I was creating a new cache with that name with
default settings. However, this was a test case, I fixed it and I can it
timing out. The real issue we see in our UAT enivornment is as follows.

All caches are defined as TRANSACTIONAL in the config file.
But we see one thread on the client side that invokes a compute on the
server node, stuck on the below.
Its at commit and it never times out. In my test case, I cannot reproduce it
because I see exactly what you are describing, a deadlock free scenario.

When this thread is hung, its hung forever, causing the client to come a
complete halt. I cannot reproduce this with test code to share with you, but
this is easily reproducible in our Environment.

It seems like if the txn is in its commit phase, timeout is not honored.

Any help or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Binti

Name: pub-#8%DataGridServer-Staging%
State: WAITING on
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.near.GridNearTxFinishFuture@199a76e0
Total blocked: 2  Total waited: 77

Stack trace:
sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.parkAndCheckInterrupt(Unknown
Source)
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireShared(Unknown
Source)
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireShared(Unknown
Source)
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.future.GridFutureAdapter.get0(GridFutureAdapter.java:157)
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.future.GridFutureAdapter.get(GridFutureAdapter.java:117)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.transactions.TransactionProxyImpl.commit(TransactionProxyImpl.java:261)
com.tudor.datagridI.server.tradegen.OrderHolderSaveRunnable.run(OrderHolderSaveRunnable.java:135)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.closure.GridClosureProcessor$C4V2.execute(GridClosureProcessor.java:2206)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.job.GridJobWorker$2.call(GridJobWorker.java:509)
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils.wrapThreadLoader(IgniteUtils.java:6459)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.job.GridJobWorker.execute0(GridJobWorker.java:503)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.job.GridJobWorker.body(GridJobWorker.java:456)
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:110)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.job.GridJobProcessor.processJobExecuteRequest(GridJobProcessor.java:1161)
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.job.GridJobProcessor$JobExecutionListener.onMessage(GridJobProcessor.java:1766)
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.invokeListener(GridIoManager.java:1219)
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.processRegularMessage0(GridIoManager.java:847)
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager.access$1700(GridIoManager.java:105)
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.communication.GridIoManager$5.run(GridIoManager.java:810)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)