I have created a testcase that quite consistently reproduces this
problem on my mac;
https://gist.github.com/krosenvold/fa20521ad121a0cbb4c6ed6be91452e5

If you start two processes with this main method, and stagger startup
of the second process by about 10 seconds, the second process will
almost never achieve any kind of consistent cache. This just does not
make any sense with a cache that is replicated ?!?

Kristian