e.g. what to store on the primary and secondary replica. On the
primary replica the full data will be there, on the secondary replica
only summary data will be stored (as well as cached query results).

My internal memory structure included big byte array blobs (or
off-heap memory blobs) which I will be appending to via an insert as
well as separate dictionaries to make sense of the binary blobs during
queries.

thanks,
Gareth