Denis, is it ok to delete this file while the cluster is up? or this folder?
servers and clietns might be connected to it.

I posted another question for the community trying to understand the use of
the work directory. Could you please respond to that?

This lock.file has not been updated since Apr 13, the first time we used
ignite in production. the size of the file is 0 KB.

Also it is hard for us to understand why this started happening after 3
months, we were running smoothly until now. and now System.exit() or
Ignite.stop() both don't work randomly. For 2 days we were good, by passing
-DIGNITE_NO_SHUTDOWN_HOOK=true, now even that is not a reliable solution.
Its does not work each time.

is System.exit() or Ignite.stop(grid, false) not a good solution? Should we
be using Ignite.close()? or Ignite.stop(grid, true) to kill all the current
running jobs.

Thanks,
Binti