Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications. Here is the instruction:

pmazumdar wrote
> Can someone please provide an example as to how to use map and reduce
> functions of ignite RDD (used with Spark)? I want to calculate weighted
> average on the data that resides on ignite cache using ignite RDD. i.e.
>
> IgniteRDD<Double, Double> igniteRDD =
> ic.fromCache(CacheConfig.partitionedCache());
>
> I now want to use Map and Reduce functions on igniteRDD to calculate
> weighted average. Could someone please assist?

IgniteRDD extends standard Spark RDD, so all APIs are available. You can use
standard map() and reduce() functions, as well as all others.

In some cases you can speed up the process using SQL queries that you can
run directly against data in Ignite using IgniteRDD.sql() method. See
details here:
https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs/ignitecontext-igniterdd#section-running-sql-queries-against-ignite-cache

-Val