Hi Binti,

See below

> On Aug 21, 2016, at 4:24 PM, bintisepaha <binti.sep...@tudor.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Denis,
> we see this exception too from a client when the cluster is
> restarted."IllegalStateException: Cache has been closed or destroyed: cache"
> we reconnect the client to the cluster by calling Ignition.stop and
> Ignition.start/ignite again and we are able to avoid this.

In such a scenario there is no need to restart a client node. You need to get a
new reference to a cache using Ignite.cache(…) or Ignite.getOrCreateCache(…)
API. This can be done inside of a try-catch block that processes
IgniteClientDisconnectedException
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers#client-reconnect
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers#client-reconnect>

In any case I think that Ignite may handle such situations automatically
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3719>

> As far as cluster hanging goes, We are seeing many issues. optimistic txns
> hanging in commit(), if we try to kill nodes with hanging txns, the cluster
> hangs afterwards. unfortunately we cannot stop using Ignite at this point,
> we are already in production with some functionality.
>
> What can we send you to help us solve this issue?

Share logs and thread dumps from all the nodes.

—
Denis