This was done to optimize our writes to the DB. on every save, we do not want
to delete and insert records, so we do a digest comparison. Do you think
this causes an issue? How does cache store handle transactions or locks?
when a node dies, if a flusher thread is doing write-behind how does that
affect data rebalancing?

If you could answer the above questions, it will give us more clarity.

We are removing it now. but still killing a node is stalling the cluster.
Will send the latest thread dumps to you today.

Thanks,
Binti