Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscr...@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

landon9720 wrote
> In a development environment (multiple nodes running on a laptop), how do
> I prevent Ignite from connecting to other nodes it finds on the network?
> Basically the problem is that me and my coworkers' machines keep
> discovering each other, forming clusters, and causing interference and
> unwanted havoc.

You can use static IP finder with loopback address only. It will force to
connect only to nodes that are running on the same physical box.

<property name="discoverySpi">
    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
        <property name="ipFinder">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">
                <property name="addresses">
                    <list>
                        <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>
                    </list>