Ok.
a. From your comments I understand that there is only one copy of the data
which resides on the ignite cluster. The data is not copied on the spark
nodes while executing the lineage graph consisting of transformations &
actions. If my understanding is correct what happens when a transformation
is applied on an RDD? Does it create a new cache or just an RDD?
b. One of the features of IgniteRDD is to speed up Spark SQL queries by 100
times. This is being done by using the in-memory indexing capabilities that
ignite provides. Since the IgniteRDD is created from the IgniteContext, I
assume we could only execute sql queries (through igniteRDD.sql() api) that
Ignite could execute and not any Spark SQL query. Is my understanding right?
for e.g. can we define user defined functions as we do with Spark SQL?

Thanks.