First of all, I'm not sure how it works with Dataframes. Since we don't have
Dataframe support yet, only RDD, using Dataframe can potentially not work as
we expect (I don't have enough Spark expertise to tell if this is the case
or not). The only way to check this is to create tests.

Other than that, just keep in mind that IgniteRDD is basically another API
for Ignite cache. I.e. everything that is true for caches are true here. In
particular, answering your questions:

a. It depends what you use as keys. If a pair saved with the same key twice,
the second write will overwrite the first one.
b. Ignite works in concurrent fashion without locking the world. While you
save new data, you can still read it and run queries.

-Val