Can someone please explain the concept of partition in the AffinityFunction
interface. What is the purpose of a partition? Why not just map keys to node
directly?

Background:
I am trying to make my data as evenly distributed as possible across 3
nodes. I have an object relationship that is very similar to a
organization/person example, where an organization can contain multiple
person. I want to have a very balanced person cache where if:
Org1 has 3 person(s)
Org2 has 3
Org3 has 2
Org4 has 1

Then the data should be distributed like:
Node 1, Org1, 3 person
Node 2, Org2, 3 person
Node 3, Org3, 2 person
Node 3, Org4, 1 person

This also requires all person that belong to an organization to be
collocated.

Any idea how this can be done?